PALOMA HOTELS PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION AND PROTECTION POLICY
"Personal data" means any information collected and logged in a format that allows you to be identified personally, either directly (e.g. name) or indirectly (e.g. telephone number) as a natural person. Moreover, personal data such as your contact details (e.g. last name, first name, telephone number, e-mail), personal information (e.g. date of birth, nationality), and other data as in your national register of persons, your credit card number (for transaction and reservation purposes) and your company information, contact person(s) therein and similar other information can be collected automatically through our website.
Abovementioned data is essentially protected by “the Turkish Law on Protection of Personal Data” and other applicable regulations and/or extensions in harmony with the said law. Designated as collector, processor and protector of your personal data, our company; DIANA OTEL YATIRIMLARI ve ISLETMELERI A.Ş. (henceforth mentioned as “the Company”) acts strictly under the provisions of the said law. Furthermore, the Company takes appropriate technical and organizational measures, in accordance with applicable legal provisions, to protect your personal data.
We collect your personal data for the purposes of:
- Serving you better and faster through our website, managing your reservation of rooms and accommodation requests, drawing up contract(s) to finalize booking(s), executing guest services for your fully booked room(s) and/or services as demanded by you, and managing our relationship with you before, during and after your stay,
- Answering your questions with regard to our guest services and website,
- Upon your consent, sending you advertising materials, announcements, newsletters, promotions and tourist, hotel or service offers, invitations to sweepstakes and contests, or offers from our affiliated partners, providing details for the customer database segmentation operations, based on reservation history and customer travel preferences, with a view to sending personalized offers and communications that serve your interests,
- Data mining, data security, data testing and tracking user trends to develop, improve or when necessary, change our services, all helping the Company design a better and fully functional website,
- Accounting, invoicing, checking financial accounts against another for accuracy, receiving payments for services rendered.
The Company takes appropriate technical and organizational measures, in accordance with applicable legal provisions, to protect your personal data against illicit or accidental destruction, accidental alteration or loss, and unauthorized access or disclosure. To this end, the Company has taken technical measures (such as firewalls) and organizational measures (such as a user ID/password system, means of physical protection etc.). In case of access to data by hostile third party/parties, the Company immediately informs you and the Supervisory Board of “the Turkish Law on Protection of Personal Data”.
All personal data collected, processed and safeguarded by the Company are subject to pertaining law (please see above), provisions thereof and lawful exclusions. Upon your consent these can be shared with and given access to authorized personnel from the DIANA GROUP and its subsidiaries, including our consultants, consultant companies and our preferred contractual partners.
We will hold your personal data for the period necessary for processing the same in compliance with the provisions of the law. Upon completion of this particular period of time, the data will be completely erased or anonymized.
According to “the Turkish Law on Protection of Personal Data”, you have various rights upon your personal data and we will be happy to assist you in exercising your rights, such as:
a. The right to know whether your personal data is processed,
b.If your personal data is processed, the right to demand further information on these practices,
c.The right to know more on the purpose of processing and whether these process(es) are reasonable and just,
d.The right to know which third parties -within or outside Turkey-, the Company has shared your personal data with,
e.The right to demand modification or correction of your personal data, if and when there are mistakes made while processing,
f.The right to demand complete erasure of your personal data pursuant to the terms of Section 7 of “the Turkish Law on Protection of Personal Data”,
g. The right to demand notification of the third parties of the processes as described in paragraphs (e) and (f),
h. The right to file an objection to unfavourable end result(s), if and when personal data processed exclusively by computerised and automatic systems deliver such,
i.The right to demand financial reconciliation if and when personal losses incur due to unlawful processing of personal data.
As mentioned before, we will be happy to assist you in exercising your rights as described above, please feel free to contact us directly by sending an e-mail to our address below: